The ICP Equity Commission was created in March 2019 with the aim of generating a structure for the development of functions related to equal opportunities without distinction of gender, sexual orientation, race or ideology in all activities and areas of the center.
The people who make up the commission are: Isabel Díaz, Mariví Martínez, Marisela Vélez and Marisol Faraldos.
You can contact any of these people for any incidents, queries or initiatives you may have regarding equity.
This group is in close contact with the CSIC Equity and Women and Science Commissions, with the UAM Gender Equity Unit, and is part of the CSIC Intercenter Equity Commission located in the campus of excellence UAM+CSIC (CBMSO, CIAL, CNB, ICMAT, ICMM, ICP, ICV, IFT, IIB, IMN) to work in coordination in matters of gender equity and promotion of women researchers.
Among the activities carried out by this committee, the following stand out:
- Inclusion of the Protocols of action against gender-based harassment and harassment at work prepared by the CSIC Prevention Service in the ICP’s Welcome Plan.
- An express mention of the ICP Equity Commission with contact persons has also been included.
- Creation of a Breastfeeding Room, a space dedicated to the extraction of milk from breastfeeding mothers.
- Joint celebration of Dissemination activities on important dates for gender equity: February 11, March 8, November 25.
- The gender perspective has also been included in the activities of the European Researchers’ Night.
- Encourage the participation of the center’s staff in training courses on gender equity.
- Elaboration of a specific Equity Plan for the ICP.